My name is Martin Meiner Tästensen. I live in Galten, Denmark and works as a freelance IT consultant.
I am a positive minded It professional, with more than 10 years of experience in various IT roles. I love to build, create and see how an idea can become a system affecting hundreds or thousands of employees – and at the same time try to make the system work as smooth as possible to give the best end user experience.
My Primary focus for the first decade of my career has been towards classic infrastructure where I worked with a deep knowledge level on both network and servers – where the latter has ranged from physical servers, over OS layer and all the way to the services installed on the server.
So, to sum up, my first decade had focus on the following categories/products
- Microsoft servers, services and roles (onprem and O365)
- Citrix (Netscaler)
- Networking, primary based towards Cisco Catalyst, Checkpoint Firewall and Citrix Netscaler
- Hyper-V Configuration and maintenance
- Powershell and C#
All the above makes me fit the description IT generalist accurately.
In 2018 I decided to shift my focus to cloud products with specialist focus towards Azure. This in terms made me switch to a cloud focused role in 2018, on a journey of learning and implementing the different building blocks that Azure consists of.
So, my current and future focus are in the following areas
- Azure (IAAS, PAAS and SAAS) – transition customers to the most optimal solutions
- Migrating and transitioning workloads from classic infrastructure to Azure
- Powershell, JSON, Azure CLI
The idea with this blog is to share findings, that I find worth sharing, to hopefully help other IT professionals sharing knowledge
I currently hold the following Certifications – for verification, please visit Credly